Sunday, November 09, 2008

My friend, Clayton, at the Weight of Glory strikes the right tone in saying the right things:

After a long and difficult election season, I think it's only just to take a moment to congratulate our president-elect. I didn't vote for him, and I disagree with him fundamentally on many issues, but I do respect him, will pray for him, and am ready to lend my support to any initiatives that are truly worthy of the human person.

I think Mark Shea's post gets it right.

The ascendancy of an African-American to the presidency is an historic achievement. So is the ability to mobilize so much energy and vision in a cynical age.

Congratulations, Barack Obama. And God bless America.

I really think more of this can only help the cause of life, even if it means individual pro-lifers going without the momentary rush that accompanies an expression of moral outrage.

No comments: