Friday, May 01, 2009

Blogger has Fixed the Problem

I mean, the one that kept me away from the blog most of the day.

I'll catch you all up tomorrow.

Look for at least one of the following posts:

  • Academic Freedom and the Catholic University
  • Thoughts on Torture (if you haven't yet, go watch the unedited debate between Cliff May and John Stewart over at the Daily Show)

In the meantime, go get your horizons expanded at The Crescat...

Which reminds me: the world and the world of the internet are both much bigger than I am. Anyone should feel free to send me anything they'd like me to treat, chime in on, or just know about.

e-mail me at craltieri@yahoo.com

4 comments:

CDE said...

I was having trouble with Blogger yesterday too. Will have to try again today. Though the thing I was blogging about yesterday is over now.

Lazy Disciple said...

I saw the link, and I send LD kudos to those involved! We need more of this!

Thanks for the tip.

Let's try to get the word out earlier, next time!

C.

CDE said...

Indeed. Apparently enough others got the word out ahead of time. I've been told by friends that the Mass was standing-room-only.

The only question is how many were entertainment industry people, and how many simply flocked to see a rare EF liturgy... especially considering that the local ordinary recently characterized the EF as follows.

Lazy Disciple said...

I remember that. Fr. Zuhlsdorf and others were on it like white on rice.

What a mind-numbingly stupid thing to say!

"Couldn't make the transition after the Council?"

Perhaps that's because:

36. 1. Particular law remaining in force, the use of the Latin language is to be preserved in the Latin rites.
2. But since the use of the mother tongue, whether in the Mass, the administration of the sacraments, or other parts of the liturgy, frequently may be of great advantage to the people, the limits of its employment may be extended. - Constitution on the Liturgy Sacrosanctum Concilium

I never cease to be amazed.

Did he ever, even once in his life, actually read the Council?

I am asking this in earnest.